The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Gandalf 1:6 Scale Statue
Looking as mysterious as ever, Gandalf is faithfully rendered by Weta's design team in this The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey Gandalf the Grey 1:6 Scale Statue. Sculpted by Steven Saunders, the well-detailed polystone statue stands approx 13⅜" tall x 11⅜" wide x 7½" long and features Ian McKellen's Gandalf the Grey as he appears in director Peter Jackson's movie The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. You can choose to display your statue of the wizard with or without his hat, which is included in the box. The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey Gandalf the Grey 1:6 Scale Statue was created and sculpted by the same artists and craftspeople who worked on the film! Ages 14 and up.
Weta continues its legacy of producing finely crafted, highly detailed 1:6 scale collectible polystone statues from Middle-earth. The essence of each character is expertly captured in every piece, and it takes approximately 400-500 hours to design, sculpt, model-make, mould, and paint the prototype for each new one.
Wandering Middle-earth’s winding paths is the travelling conjurer Gandalf, known by many names to many peoples in many lands, though few can guess the true extent of his powers or purpose. His fireworks may delight many a Hobbit youngster, but the grey wizard is no mere magician or trickster. Gandalf is old beyond reckoning and wise beyond the reach of mortal men. Where Middle-earth’s lords and kings brood over the fortunes of their realms, Gandalf’s gaze is cast across a wider canvas, and it is the greater good of all the world’s free peoples that he's concerned with. And one thing is for sure: You want him on your side!
Needless are none of the acts of the wizard, so when he councils Thorin Oakenshield, Dwarf king in exile, to enlist the services of mister Bilbo Baggins as a burglar in his quest to reclaim his birthright from the dragon Smaug, it is done with a keen insight into the sheltered Hobbit’s qualities and an understanding of how crucial these will be to the success of the mission. The Hobbit impresses Thorin Oakenshield little upon their first meeting, but despite his misgivings, the Dwarf knows enough of Gandalf to credit him with good reasoning, and indeed it will not be long before Bilbo Baggins' mettle is tested and the Gandalf's wisdom proven once more.
Terms of Sale:
Before adding to cart, customer agrees to the following Terms and Conditions:
1) Stock availability will be confirmed before your order will be placed. If the item/s is no longer available, you will not be charged.
2) As so many vendors use the same supplier, stock availability cannot be confirmed until the item is ordered.
3) If item is available to order at this time, an order will be placed, if the item is suddenly unavailable, you WILL be refunded.
1) Full insurance and tracking included.(UPS and FedEX only insure up to $500, items over this value will be sent by USPS)
2) In Stock items will be shipped within 2-7 days depending on your location and chosen shipping method.
3) Back order turnaround is 4-12 weeks for Cinestore, from request to shipping.
For further terms and conditions, please refer to our Terms and Conditions page (see footer)