Art is a gift, not a compromise...
This song had been banging around for years, I just never got it finished. I was in college studying music production, and I was asked to submit something I'd written myself.
I thought of this track (#1) because I didn't have time to start one from scratch in the 6 weeks I had to work on it (essays, and life, had to happen at some point in the week).
I used the push to get the track remixed (#2), I think it came out sounding too heavy and muffled, but I was graded well so I included it.
Then I changed gear and started using software instead of my old Yamaha workstation keyboard. I played the synth solo whilst recording individual tracks off MIDI, and loved it. Voila, #5.
In Reason, I created #4 from the original MIDI, and cut the radio mix, a-la #3.
These mixes are so unique, I had to give a run down:
1. Classic guitar delay over 90s Euro dance beat.
2. Smushed and squelched synths over 90s vocal style chords.
3. US-tinged, runway-ready house banger. This is the short version for radio.
4. Full extended cut of track 3. Ideal for DJ mixes, it runs to 6 min 11 seconds.
5. Reminiscing mood track, takes you back to Ibiza sunsets. Beautiful.
Black Leather Cuff Bracelet with Damask Heart Charm
Black Leather Cuff Bracelet with Damask Coin Charm
Onyx Gemstone Bead Bracelet with Black Damask Coin Charm
Lannister Red/Gold Steel Strap Water-resistance Quartz Watch II
Lannister Steel Strap Water-resistance Quartz Watch I